ACTA Rule Amendments
Rule changes effective as from August 1st, 2011
- Rule 1.03(c) Add at beginning "Where four shooters commence in a squad, shooter will initially occupy lanes one, two, four and five".
- Rule 1.21(c) Delete "follow process of calculation" 2.01(h).
- Rule 2.01(h) Delete "Process of percentage calculation"(i)(ii)(iii)(iv).
- Rule 2.01(r) Change to "Upgrading of shooters after 200 targets is limited to one grade at a time".
- Rule 2.04(h) Add after "shooters ability" at the time of the 100 (handicap) or 200 (grading) target rule off.
- Rule 3.17(b) & (j) and 7.10(a) Add the word "Veteran".
- Rule 3.22 (e) Delete "follow process of calculation" 2.01(h).
- Rule 3.23 (e) Delete "follow process of calculation" 2.01(h).
- Rule 6.01(h) Delete "Process of percentage calculation"(i)(ii)(iii)(iv).
- Rule 9.03(c) Add "For equity of competition split rounds are acceptable over multiple grounds. E.g. Ground 1, two targets per station. Ground 2, three targets per station".
- Rule 10.01(k) Delete "Process of percentage calculation"(i)(ii)(iii)(iv).
State Rules Supervisors have been given approval to appoint state Sporting Clays referee examiners.
Shooters may request to remain AA grade for life (AA Elite). To be able to be granted this request a shooter must be an AA-0 Skeet shooter or AA-25 Trap shooter. This request needs to be in writing to the ACTA office.
Rule Changes effective 1 January 2008:
1). Rule 2.01(a) amended by deleting the words "Mackintosh events" from the note.
2). Rule 2.01(h) amended by deleting the words "one (1)" from the third sentence.
3). Change the current grading system by the implementation of a running percentage, calculated after each 200 targets.
Add to end of Rules 2.01(h).
Process of percentage calculation
(i) Once 200 or more targets have been shot at and recorded, the percentage shall be calculated. This shall be known as the 200 target percentage.
(example 215 / 225 = 95.6%)
(ii) This 200 target percentage figure shall be recorded in the percentage column above the ruled off line.
(iii) This 200 target percentage shall be added to the previously recorded grading percentage and halved. This shall determine and be known as the grading percentage. This is the percentage that shall be used for determining the shooters grade. (example: previous grading percentage 97.2 : 200 target percentage 96.5 : (97.2 + 96.5) divided by 2 = new grading percentage 96.9).
(iv) This grading percentage shall be recorded in the percentage column below the ruled off line.
4). ACTA will adopt the NSSA rules (Procedures and Field/Trap Settings) in their entirety to conform to other skeet shooting nations. This requires the deletion of the last two sentences of Rule 1.25(g) starting "However" and ending with "house".
5). Recommendation to implement from no to change the wording in first sentence of Rule 1.02(j) to read: All competitors shall change lanes as per event conditions (eg Single or multiple targets per lane)
6). That Rule 4.11 is amended immediately to read: Automatic traps are strongly recommended for all disciplines.